Wednesday 15 June 2011

COOKING: Steve Albini
















I like Steve Albini, he makes great music and they was damn good when I saw Shellac a few weekends ago. I also like eating and quite frankly I've been doing a bit too much of that lately, not the good kind. So what's better than reading healthy vegetarian recipes from no other than Mr Albini. Today he made his girlfriend Spring Rolls with kale, leeks, fennel, avocado, orange and mint. Oh - and what a wordsmith, making something so healthy and pleasant slightly Rock & Roll.

"Eating one of these rolls did pretty much exactly what I wanted. The sauce opens your palette, then you taste the greens and feel the bite of the acid, then both the richness of the avocado and the texture and agrodolce effect of the orange kick in, have a party, get drunk on pot-liquor caipirinhas and fuck on the sofa. Finally the minty quality of the herbs lingers in your mouth as a denouement for a while. I just said denouement like it wasn't an asshole thing to do. (v)"


Via Mariobatalivoice
Steak & Fries

1 comment: